ATTENTION: Each participant takes part in the expedition on their own motorcycle. MotoBirds organizes all logistics and transport of motorcycles to and from the starting point of the expedition. If you want to take part in the expedition and use the motorcycle transport service, also select the "Motorcycle Transport" option during the booking process for the expedition. Remember that by taking part in the expedition, you provide yourself with transport in the "ALL IN" option in the price of the "Easy Rider" option.
Your own. The route is prepared for large adventure motorcycles. MotoBirds organizes transport of your bike from Warsaw, Poland to the starting point of the tour and from the finish point of the tour back to Poland. The tour price does not include the cost of transport and custom fees.
This is a motorbike expedition of superlatives, and of a lifetime… Patagonia is known as the “end of the world”, where the road literally ends. Getting there means riding over 7,000km of roads and tracks, in all kinds of weather, through some of the most stunning landscapes in the world. First The mythical Ruta 40 and Ruta 7 will lead us to Torres Del Paine, Perito Moreno Glacier, emerald-colored lakes, wild passes and prehistoric forests. We’ll have to face the mind-blowing winds of the pampa to eventually reach Tierra Del Fuego and the end of the continent.
Although this expedition requires endurance due to the distances – and sometimes the weather- there is nothing to worry about: we know where to find the best steaks, seafood and wines on the way – to make sure we have the energy to reach the penguin colonies of Ushuaia.
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
12 in stock
(the price does not include motorcycle transport)
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Tierra del Fuego
- fauna and flora
- Carretera Austral
- Ruta 40
- Torres del Paine National Park
- Los Glaciares National Park
- Perito Moreno glacier
- Penguin colonies
- Strait of Magellan
- Tierra del Fuego
The weather at this time of year is generally good, however Patagonia is famous for its capricious weather and extremely strong winds (on the Argentinian side). You have to be prepared for all types of weather conditions.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
We’ll ride through various climates, including higher altitude roads: You must be prepared for changing weather conditions.
Argentina has been struggling with an economic crisis for many years. Credit cards outside big cities often don’t work. When exchanging USD to pesos, there are two rates: the less favorable official rate and the so-called blue (unofficial). Carry some cash with you, preferably in USD.
We will travel away from civilization. We will not always have telephone coverage. There may also be no internet.
1200meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
ARRIVAL TO SANTIAGO & TRANSFER TO SAN ANTONIO
DAY 2 (360 KM):
COLLECT THE MOTORBIKES, RIDE TO LINARES.
DAY 3 (500 KM):
LINARES – VILLARICA – PUCON
DAY 4 (200 KM):
PUCON – SAN MARTIN DE LOS ANDES
DAY 5 (320 KM):
SAN MARTIN DE LOS ANDES – EL BOLSON
DAY 6 (230 KM):
EL BOLSON – FUTALEUFÚ
DAY 7 (200 KM):
FUTALEUFU – PUYHUHUAPI
DAY 8 (295 KM):
PUYUHUAPI – COYHAIQUE
DAY 9 (280 KM):
COYHAIQUE – PUERTO BERTRAND
DAY 10 (400 KM):
PUERTO BERTRAND – ESTANCIA LA ANGOSTURA
DAY 11 (320 KM):
ESTANCIA LA ANGOSTURA – EL CALAFATE
EL CALAFATE. GLACIERS SIGHTSEEING.
DAY 13 (320 KM):
EL CALAFATE – PUERTO NATALES
TORRES DEL PAINE
DAY 15 (360 KM):
PUERTO NATALES – CERRO SOMBRERO
DAY 16 (400 KM):
CERRO SOMBRERO – USHUAIA
DAY OFF IN USHUAIA, PENGUIN COLONIES, CRUISE ON BEAGLE CHANNEL.
DAY 18 (300 KM):
USHUAIA – LAGO BLANCO
DAY 19 (300 KM):
LAGO BLANCO – PORVENIR – PUNTA ARENAS
DEPARTURE TO SANTIAGO AND FLY HOME.
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- The price of the trip does not include motorcycle transport. Each participant takes part in the expedition on their own motorcycle. MotoBirds arranges all logistics and transport of motorcycles to and from the starting point of an expedition. If you want to take part in the expedition and use our motorcycle shipping service, select the “Motorcycle Transport” option during the booking process for the tour. Remember that by taking part in the expedition, you provide yourself with transport in the “ALL IN” option at the price of the “Easy Rider” option. See what you gain from it [and here is a link to where the differences are explained]. You can also take part in the tour without using the transport service – then you only pay the “Price for the Tour” and show up on your motorcycle at the indicated place on the day of the beginning of the tour.
- Ferries (250 EUR).
- Motorcycle fuel.
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa (not required for EU citizens).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Meals other than breakfasts.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions: National Park Torres del paine (15 EUR) / boat trip to Perrito Moreno (150 EUR) / Beagle channel cruise (100 EUR) / boat trip to Marble caves (100 EUR).