Yamaha 250 XTZ Tenere.
Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
This is a motorbike expedition of superlatives, and of a lifetime… Patagonia is known for its unique landscapes, vast forests, mountains, national parks, and glaciers. Completing this tour means covering thousands of km on roads and tracks, in all kinds of weather, but through some of the most stunning landscapes in the world. The mythical Ruta 40 and Ruta 7 will lead us to Torres Del Paine, the world-famous Perito Moreno Glacier, emerald-colored lakes, wild passes and prehistoric arctic forests. Patagonia is also famous for giant sloths: the giant mylodon! We will also look for it… We’ll have to face the mind-blowing winds of the pampa.
This tour will take us through some of the most scenic spots any rider should absolutely see: the Perito Moreno glacier, Torres del Paine, the Pampa, the arctic rainforest around the carretera Austral, etc.
Although this expedition requires endurance due to the distances involved (in all weather conditions). The ride in itself is not technical and can be done by riders with limited off-road experience. And one more thing: we know where to find the best steaks, seafood and wines on the way – to make sure we have the energy to reach our destination!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
12 in stock
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- fauna and flora
- Carretera Austral
- Ruta 40
- Torres del Paine National Park
- Los Glaciares National Park
- Perito Moreno glacier
- Penguin colonies
- El Calafate
We will visit Patagonia in spring. You have to be aware that Patagonia is famous for its capricious weather, changing many times per day and extremely strong winds (on the Argentinian side mainly). You have to be prepared for all types of weather conditions.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
Argentina has been struggling with an economic crisis for years. Credit cards outside of big cities often don’t work. When exchanging USD to pesos, there are two rates: the less favorable official rate. The so-called blue rate (unofficial). Carry some cash with you, preferably in USD.
We will travel far from civilization. We’ll not always have telephone coverage. There may not be internet either.
1200meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
ARRIVAL TO BARILOCHE
DAY 2 (310 KM)
DAY 3 (50 KM)
TREVELIN – FUTALEUFU / RAFTING
DAY 4 (200 KM)
FUTALEUFU – PUYUHUAPI
DAY 5 (295 KM)
PUYUHUAPI – COYHAIQUE
DAY 6 (280 KM)
COYHAIQUE – PUERTO TRANQUILO – PUERTO BERTRAND
DAY 7 (400 KM)
PUERTO BERTRAND – ESTANCIA LA ANGOSTURA
DAY 8 (320 KM)
ESTANCIA LA ANGOSTURA – EL CALAFATE
EL CALAFATE – GLACIERS SIGHTSEEING
DAY 10 (268 KM)
EL CALAFATE – PUERTO NATALES
DAY 11 (75 KM)
PUERTO NATALES – TORRES DEL PAINE
DAY 12 (212 KM)
TORRES DEL PAINE – EL CALAFATE
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Motorcycle fuel.
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa (not required for EU citizens).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Meals other than breakfasts.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions: Torres del paine entry ticket (15 EUR, Perito Moreno glacier visit by boat(150 EUR), rafting in Futaleufu (100 EUR), boat trip to Marble Caves (100 EUR).
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit of 500 USD, payable in cash on the first day after arrival.