Your own. The route is prepared for large adventure motorcycles. MotoBirds organizes transport of your motorbike from Warsaw, Poland to the starting point of the tour and from the finish point of the tour back to Poland. As a benefit for our tour participants, you are charged the price with discount and with “ALL – IN” package for the value of “EASY RIDER” package.
This is a motorbike expedition of superlatives, and of a lifetime… Patagonia is known as the “end of the world”, where the road literally ends. Getting there means riding over 6,000km of roads and tracks, in all kinds of weather, through some of the most stunning landscapes in the world. First the fantastic Andean passes will take us several times from Chile to Argentina and back. The mythical Ruta 40 and Ruta 7 will lead us to Torres Del Paine, Perito Moreno Glacier, National Park Los Alerces, Ventisquero Colgante, Lago las Torres Reserve, Manihuales Reserve, Patagonia National Park, emerald-colored lakes, wild passes and prehistoric forests. We’ll have to face the mind-blowing winds of the pampa to eventually reach Tierra Del Fuego and the end of the continent.
A part of the fantastic motorbike riding you will have a chance to visit and experience the most exceptional places in this part of South America: participate in rafting on Futaleufu River, take the termal bath in the volcaninc waters, walk in the shadow of the mytic Torres del Paine, have a boat ride on the General Carrera Lake and Beagle Canal, visit exceptional Catedrales de Marmol, experience from the close distance the Perito Moreno glacier, see the penguins in their natural environment, cross multiple stunning Andean passes.
Although this expedition requires endurance due to the distances – and sometimes the weather- there is nothing to worry about: we know where to find the best steaks, seafood and wines on the way – to make sure we have the energy to reach the penguin colonies of Ushuaia.
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Iconic routes: Carretera Austral, Ruta 40, Ruta de 7 Lagos
- National Parks: Parque Nacional Los Alerces, Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego, Parque Nacional Patagonia, Parque Nacional Pali Aike
Reserva Nacional Futaleufu, Reserva Nacional General Carrera
- Andean frontier passes between Chile and Argentina: Paso Pichachen, Paso Futaleufu, Paso Roballos
- Lakes and lagoons: Laguna de la Laja, Lago Caviahue, Lago Alumine, Lago Lolog, Lago Lacar, Lago Hermos, Lago Falkner, Lago Villarino, Lago Traful,Lago Espejo Grande, Lago Correntoso, Lago Nahuel Huapi,Lago Gutierrez, Lago Mascardi, Lago Guillermo, Lago Lezana,Lago General Carrera / Buenos Aires, Lago Ghio, Lago Cardiel, Lago Viedma, Lago Argentino, Lago del Toro, Lago Fagnano
- Picuresque towns: Navidad, Caviachue, San Martin de los Andes, el Bolson, Bariloche, Ushuaia, el Calafate, Puerto Natales
- Volcanos, including Volcan Antuco
- Wild nature
- Glaciers, includin the most famous one Perito Moreno
- Tierra del Fuego
- Wild waterfalls, including Cascada del Agrio
- Rafting on Futaleufu river (optional)
- Boat trip on Lago General Carrera to Catedrales de Marmol (optional)
- Magellan Straight and boat trip to Isla Magdalena and pinguin collony (optional)
- Boat trip on Beagle Channel (optional)
- Visit on “two world ends”, where the road ends: Bahia Lapataia and Penisula Mitre
The weather at this time of year is generally good, however Patagonia is famous for its capricious weather and extremely strong winds (on the Argentinian side). You have to be prepared for all types of weather conditions.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
We’ll ride through various climates, including mountain roads: You must be prepared for changing weather conditions.
Argentina has been struggling with an economic crisis for many years. Credit cards outside big cities often don’t work. When exchanging USD to pesos, there are two rates: the less favorable official rate and the so-called blue (unofficial). Carry some cash with you, preferably in USD.
We will travel away from civilization. We will not always have telephone coverage. There may also be no internet.
1200meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
ARRIVAL TO SANTIAGO DE CHILE & TRANSFER TO SAN ANTONIO (CHL)
DAY 2 (180 KM)
COLLECT THE MOTORBIKES, RIDE TO COMALLE (CHL)
DAY 3 (395 KM)
COMALLE – ANTUCO (CHL)
DAY 4 (245 KM)
ANTUCO – PASO PICHACHEN – CAVIAHUE (ARG)
DAY 5 (415 KM)
VAVIAHUE – SAN MARTIN DE LOS ANDES (ARG)
DAY 6 (315 KM)
SAN MARTIN DE LOS ANDES – EL BOLSON (ARG)
DAY 7 (380 KM)
EL BOLSON – FUTALEUFÚ – okolice LA JUNTA (CHL)
DAY 8 (277 KM)
LA JUNTA – PUYUHUAPI – COYHAIQUE (CHL)
DAY 9 (280 KM)
COYHAIQUE – PUERTO GUADAL (CHL)
DAY 10 (415 / 480 KM)
PUERTO GUADAL – ESTANCIA LA ANGOSTURA (ARG)
DAY 11 (365 KM)
ESTANCIA LA ANGOSTURA – EL CALAFATE (ARG)
EL CALAFATE. DAY OFF. PERITO MORENO GLACIER SIGHTSEEING. (ARG)
DAY 13 (390 KM)
EL CALAFATE – TORRES DEL PAINE NP – PUERTO NATALES (CHL)
DAY 14 (340 KM)
PUERTO NATALES – CERRO SOMBRERO (CHL)
DAY 15 (420 KM)
CERRO SOMBRERO – USHUAIA (ARG)
DAY OFF IN USHUAIA, PENGUIN COLONIES, CRUISE ON BEAGLE CHANNEL. TIERRA DEL FUEGO NP VISIT.
DAY 17 (210 / 400 KM)
USHUAIA – RIO GRANDE (ARG)
DAY 18 (340 KM)
RIO GRANDE – PUNTA ARENAS (CHL)
DEPARTURE TO SANTIAGO DE CHILE AND FLY HOME. (CHL)
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
Entry tickets to all national arks which we will visit on the way.
Punta Delgada Ferry Ticket through Magellan Stretch.
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Ferry ticket from Porvenirt to Punta Arenas, if taking this route will be possible.
- Motorcycle fuel.
- Tourist entry visa (not required for EU citizens).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Meals other than breakfasts and drinks.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions: boat trip to Perrito Moreno (around 50 EUR) / Beagle channel cruise (around 100 EUR) / boat trip to Marble caves (around 80 EUR) / rafting on Futaleufu river (around 80 EUR). The final price of these attractions depends on number of participants who decide to take part.