Yamaha 250 XTZ Tenere.
Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
This is a motorbike tour of superlatives, and of a lifetime… Patagonia is known for its unique landscapes, vast forests, mountains, national parks, and glaciers. Completing this tour means covering thousends of km on roads and tracks, in all kinds of weather, but through some of the most stunning landscapes in the world. The mythical Ruta 40 and Ruta 7 (Carretera Austral) will lead us to the world-famous Perito Moreno Glacier, National Park Los Alerces, Ventisquero Colgante, Lago las Torres Reserve, Manihuales Reserve, Patagonia National Park, emerald-colored lakes, wild passes, prehistoric arctic forests and the pampa.
A part of the fantastic motorbike riding you will have a chance to visit and experience the most exceptional places in this part of South America: participate in rafting on Futaleufu River, take the termal bath in the volcaninc waters, walk in the shadow of the mytic Fitz Roy mountain, have a boat ride on the General Carrera Lake and visit exceptional Catedrales de Marmol, experience from the close distance the Perito Moreno glacier.
Although this expedition requires endurance due to the distances involved (in all weather conditions). The ride in itself is not technical and can be done by riders with limited off-road experience. And one more thing: we know where to find the best steaks, seafood and wines on the way – to make sure we have the energy to reach our destination!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- fauna and flora
- Carretera Austral
- Ruta 40
- Los Alerces National Park
- Los Glaciares National Park
- Perito Moreno glacier
- El Calafate
- Patagonia National Park
- Boat trip to Catedrales de Marmol
- rafting on Futaleufu River
- Ventisquero Colgante
- trekking to Fitz Roy mirador
We will visit Patagonia in spring. You have to be aware that Patagonia is famous for its capricious weather, changing many times per day and extremely strong winds (on the Argentinian side mainly). You have to be prepared for all types of weather conditions.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be riding light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
Argentina has been struggling with an economic crisis for years. Credit cards outside of big cities often don’t work. When exchanging USD to pesos, there are two rates: the less favorable official rate. The so-called blue rate (unofficial). Carry some cash with you, preferably in USD.
We will travel far from civilization. We’ll not always have telephone coverage. There may not be internet either.
1200meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
DAY 1 (7.12)
ARRIVAL TO BARILOCHE
DAY 2 (8.12)
BARILOCHE – EL BOLSON – NATIONAL PARK LOS ALCERES – TREVELIN
DAY 3 (9.12)
TREVELIN – FUTALEUFU / RAFTING
DAY 4 (10.12)
FUTALEUFU – VANTISQUERO COLGANTE – PUYHUAPI AREA
DAY 5 (11.12)
PUYUHUAPI AREA – VILLA ORTEGA – COYHAIQUE
DAY 6 (12.12)
COYHAIQUE – PUERTO RIO TRANQUILO
DAY 7 (13.12)
PUERTO RIO TRANQUILO – CATEDRALES DE MARMOL – PUERTO GUADAL
DAY 8 (14.12)
PUERTO GUADAL – LAGO POSADAS
DAY 9 (15.12)
LAGO POSADAS – ESTANCIA SANTA THELMA
DAY 10 (16.12)
ESTANCIA SANTA THELMA – EL CHALTEN
DAY 11 (17.12)
EL CHALTEN – TREKKING TO FITZ ROY MIRADOR – EL CALAFATE
DAY 12 (18.12)
VISIT TO PERITO MORENO GLACIER
DAY 13 (19.12)
FLY OUT FROM CALAFATE
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
Entry tickets to Los Alerces National Park.
Entry tickets to Patagonia National Park.
Entry tickets to Los Glacaires National Park.
Entry tickets to Quelat National Park.
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Motorcycle fuel.
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa (not required for EU citizens).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Meals other than breakfasts.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions: guided tour to Los Glaciares National Park and Perito Moreno glacier visit by boat (150 EUR), rafting on Futaleufu river (100 EUR), boat trip to Marble Caves (100 EUR).
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit of 500 USD, payable in cash on the first day after arrival.