Royal Enfield Himalayan. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
If your bucket list does not include Mustang, you should probably reconsider! Upper Mustang and Nepal have for a long time been one of the most preserved areas in the world, due to their relative isolation from the outside world. This MotoBirds tour takes you to Upper Mustang, one of the more remote areas of the Himalayas. This region has been spared mass tourism and is not only a gem for motorcyclists, but also a highlight for culture and wildlife enthusiasts. We’ll go to places like Muktinath, cross the longest hanging bridge in the World in Kushma, and also try to ride all the way to Kora La Pass, the last pass before the Chinese border.
In the heart of the Himalayas, this motorcycle tour will take you along the most scenic tracks and roads of Upper Mustang. It won’t be all easy and you can expect some technical sections, sand, and a lot of potholes as we make our way through the mountains.
Chinese influence is growing fast though, bringing along major road building projects. Therefore, the window of opportunity to enjoy the real, authentic and raw Mustang is slowly closing. Eight of the world’s 8000m peaks are in Nepal: expect a scenery like no other, as we ride surrounded by these giant mountains. We also will have more than a touch of local culture with 1000 year old monasteries and traditional village visits.
Expect a fantastic mix of great riding, jaw-dropping scenery – and also enough time to get a good feel for the country, its culture and people!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- UPPER MUSTANG
- LO MANTHANG
- ZHONG CAVES
- HIMALAYAN LANDSCAPES
- LONGEST HANGING BRIDGE IN THE WORLD
- VIEWS OF DHAULAGIRI, NILGIRI, MACHAPUCHARE AND OTHER PEAKS OF HIMALAYAN RANGE
- KORA LA PASS
- TIBETAN MONASTERIES
- BUNGEE JUMPING / ZIP LINE (OPTIONAL)
- HISTORICAL VILLAGES
- THERMAL BATHS IN TATOPANI
During our tour, the weather’s expected to be dry. However, we’ll be at high altitudes, where storms can always occur. Packing some waterproofs and warm layers is certainly a good idea!
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
To enter Nepal you need a visa. It can be done online for most nationalities: https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/online
We will be traveling at very high altitudes, be sure you have sunscreen and sunglasses.
During your trip, especially when crossing the highest mountain passes, you may feel symptoms of altitude sickness (AMS). Remember that you must drink a lot of water to minimize this risk.
4660meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
DAY 1 (20.10)
ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU, TRANSFER TO HOTEL.
DAY 2 (21.10 / 250 KM)
KATHMANDU – BANDIPUR
DAY 3 (22.10 / 230 KM)
BANDIPUR – KUSHMA
DAY 4 (23.10 / 125 KM)
KUSHMA – MARPHA
DAY 5 (24.10 / 100 KM)
MARPHA – SAMAR
DAY 6 (25.10 / 90 KM)
SAMAR – LO MANTHANG
DAY 7 (26.10 / 40 KM)
LO MANTHANG SIGHTSEEING: SKY CAVES, OLD CITY PALACES & TEMPLES.
DAY 8 (27.10 / 170 KM)
LOMANTHANG – MUKTINATH
DAY 9 (28.10 / 110 KM)
MUKTINATH – TATOPANI
DAY 10 (29.10 / 160 KM)
TATOPANI – POKHARA
DAY 11 (30.10)
POKHARA – FLY OUT
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
Welcome dinner in Kathamandu in traditional restaurant.
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Motorcycle fuel: fueling will be handled for the group. Price will be collected at the start of the tour 150 EUR.
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa: online 30 USD for 2 weeks.
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Lunches and dinners.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions and monasteries.
- Zip lining or Bungee (longest/highest in the world), as per tourist choice.
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit of 800 USD or non refundable damage waiver coverage of 250 USD for the motorbike, payable in cash on the first day after arrival, as per choice of the participant.
- Additional Global Rescue medevac coverage. Contact us to subscribe.
DEPOSIT FOR THE MOTORCYCLE:
Motorcycle refundable security deposit of 800 USD or non refundable damage waiver coverage of 250 USD for the motorbike, payable in cash on the first day after arrival.