Costa Rica ADVENTURE 3 – 14.12.2023
Honda CRF250L or Kawasaki KLR 650. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
Upon request and additional fee of 25 EUR per day we can arrange Honda CRF 300 Rally (limited number available).
Costa Rica means “rich coast” and is also called the Switzerland of Central America. It is a country for people who love nature and adrenaline. Breathtaking Pacific Ocean coast and amazing Caribbean Sea coast, together with magnificent mountain range located between them crate perfect combination for motorcycle trips. Winding asphalt and gravel mountain trails amidst wild nature is a paradise for motorcyclists. But this is not! Discovering the coast of each ocean is equally fascinating because each of them has a different character.
In Costa Rica we will find volcanoes, misty forest, mountains, waterfalls, rivers… There is no time for boredom! We will combine motorbike riding with great rafting, swimming in emerald waterfalls, zipline rides, horse riding and snorkeling. After each day of riding, we will rest in the cozy and comfortable boutique hotels. Is it possible to dream of a more beautiful motorcycle holiday, especially during the rainy autumn in Europe? With us you can get to know this country really “inside out”! We will lead you through off the beaten track places. Join us for an adventure of the lifetime!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Rafting on Pacuare river
- Adventure Park, including ziplines
- Horse riding
- Turquoise waterfalls
- Eco coffee plantation
- Exotic fauna: crocodiles, kaymans, sloths, different species of birds
- River crossings
- Wild Pacific Coast
- National Park Manuel Antonio
- Hot springs
- Boutique hotels
- Cano Negro National Park
The weather at this time of year is generally good. It is cooler at night and in the higher mountains. We can expect sporadic rains in some areas, but nothing too serious.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure”. Bring your own gear.
We will be riding light. The luggage will be traveling in the support car. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
Costa Rica a is a very friendly country with hospitable people. A lot of local places accept not only local currency, but also USD. ATMs are available in bigger towns or touristic places.. For this ride, we recommend considering “adventure” type boots. There might be short rains: a waterproof layer could be helpful.
2000meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
DAY 1 (3.12)
ARRIVAL TO SAN JOSE
DAY 2 (4.12 / 140 KM)
SAN JOSE – TURRIALBA
DAY 3 (5.12)
TURRIALBA – RAFTING
DAY 4 (6.12 / 230 KM)
TURRIALBA – CANO NEGRO
DAY 5 (7.12 / 160 KM)
CANO NEGRO – BUENA VISTA DEL RINCON
DAY 6 (8.12)
BUENA VISTA DEL RINCON – DAY OFF AVENTURE
DAY 7 (9.12 / 150 km)
BUENA VISTA DEL RINCON – PUERTO CARRILLO
DAY 8 (10.12 / 130 KM)
PUERTO CARTILLO – MONTEZUMA
DAY 9 (11.12 / 170 KM)
MONTEZUMA – PARQUE NAZIONAL MANUEL ANTONIO.
DAY 10 (12.12 / 150 KM)
MANUEL ANTONIO – SAN PABLO DE LEON CONTES
DAY 11 (13.12 / 140 KM)
SAN PABLO DE LEON CONTES – SAN JOSE
DAY 12 (14.12)
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
Ferry ticket and road tools.
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Motorcycle fuel.
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa (not required for EU citizens).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Meals other than breakfasts.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions: Manuel Antonio National Park entry ticket (18 USG, guided visit 60 USD), rafting on Pacuare river (100 USD), Adventure Park Activities (price depends on the chosen activities), coffee plantation visit (40 USD), boat trip in Cano Negro National Park (70 USD), visit in sloth sanctuary (50 USD).
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit: USD 800 (payable by card or in cash on the spot).