Honda CRF250L available on the spot. For an additional fee of 200 EUR a larger Honda CRF 300 Rally or Kawasaki KLR650 can be arranged.
Costa Rica means “rich coast” and is also called the Switzerland of Central America. It is a country for people who love nature and adrenaline. Breathtaking Pacific Ocean coast and amazing Caribbean Sea coast, together with the magnificent mountain range located between them create the perfect combination for motorcycle trips. Winding asphalt and gravel mountain trails amidst wild nature is a paradise for motorcyclists. But this is not! Discovering the coast of each ocean is equally fascinating because each of them has a different character. In Costa Rica we will find volcanoes, misty forest, mountains, waterfalls, rivers… There is no time for boredom! We will combine motorbike riding with great rafting, swimming in emerald waterfalls, zipline rides, horse riding and snorkeling. After each day of riding, we will rest in the cozy and comfortable boutique hotels.
Is it possible to dream of a more beautiful motorcycle holiday, especially during the rainy autumn in Europe? With us you can get to know this country really “inside out”! We will lead you to a selection of off the beaten track places. Join us for a fun and thrill-filled adventure both on and off the motorbike!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Out of stock
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- National parks detailed in the itinerary
- Rafting, zipline, Jungle River Boat Trip, Horse Riding, Snorkeling
- Arenal volcano
- Emerald waterfalls with the possibility of swimming
- Local, ecological coffee plantation
- Exotic fauna: crocodiles, caimans, sloths, a variety of birds
- Fords and rivers crossings
- Pacific coast
- The rainforest
The weather at this time of year is generally good. It is cooler at night and in the higher mountains. You can expect sporadic rains in some areas, but nothing too serious.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
Costa Rica a is a very friendly country with hospitable people. A lot of local places accept not only local currency, but also USD. ATMs are available in bigger towns or touristic places.. For this ride, we recommend considering “adventure” type boots. There might be short rains: a waterproof layer could be helpful.
1900meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
ARRIVAL TO SAN JOSE
DAY 2 (150KM):
SAN JOSE – PARQUE MANUEL ANTONIO
VISIT IN PARQUE NACIONAL MANUEL ANTONIO
DAY 4 (220 KM):
PARQUE NACIONAL MANUEL ANTONIO – MONTEZUMA
DAY 5 (120 KM):
MONTEZUMA – PUERTO CARILLO
DAY 6 (180 KM):
PUERTO CARILLO – BUENA VISTA DEL RINCON
BUENA VISTA DEL RINCON – DAY OFF
DAY 8 (180 KM):
BUENA VISTA DEL RINCON – CANO NEGRO
DAY 9 (270 KM):
CANO NEGRO – TURRIALBA
DAY 11 (130 KM):
TURRIALBA – VOLCAN IRRAZU – SAN JOSE
THE ITINERARY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL REASONS OR WEATHER CONDITIONS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Motorcycle fuel.
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa, if required.
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Drinks other than water.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- If the Costa Rican government maintains the obligation of the non vaccinated people against COVI – 19 to have special travel insurance (as it is today), the price does not include such extended travel insurance.
- Meals other than breakfasts.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions: guided visit in Manuel Antonio National Park (USD 60/person), rafting (USD 120 / person), La Fortuna adventure day (from USD 50 / person, depending on the type of activities chosen), boat trip in National Park Cano Negro (USD 60 / person), sloth protected area visit (USD 35 / person), cofee plantation (USD 40 / person).
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit: USD 800 (payable by card or in cash on the spot).