TANZANIA – WOMEN ONLY 26.10 – 2.11.2024
Royal Enfield Himalayan. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
An unforgettable 8 days motorbike safari in Tanzania! This tour will take you from the Kilimanjaro to the world-famous Ngoro Ngoro crater. Not only that, but expect plenty of natural wonders along the way: riding along wild animals, Lake Natron, Lake Manyara, Lake Burunge, the volcanoes. Of course you will also have a chance to see the best of the wildlife during 4×4 safari in the most famous national park Ngoro Ngoro and see the rhinos from the close in Mkomazi reserve. It’s all to be discovered in an 8-day adventure packed week!
This tour has some longer gravel sections, but can be enjoyed also by riders with limited off-road experience. This tour can be done with a pillion, or with a passenger travelling in the car.
If you are short on time, but hungry for an authentic motorcycling adventure in the heart of Africa, this tour is for you!
Join us to live your very own “Out of Africa” experience, but on a motorbike!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Panorama of Kilimanjaro
- Massai & Hadza tribes
- Ngorongoro National Park
- Lake Natron ecosystem
- Volcanoes of the Rift Valley
- Lake Burunge
- Lake Manyara
- Rift valley landscapes
- Riding alongside wild animals
- Beautiful gravel roads
- Scenic paved roads
- Comfortable accommodation with swimming pools
Temperatures will range from a possible 20 degrees at night to 35C some days. Our ride will be around 1,600m. Some rain is possible but unlikely.
We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days, take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike. On this tour, we recommend a backpack of max 16L with a 2L water bladder.
Yellow Fever vaccination is recommended. It is compulsory if you have traveled to areas where yellow fever is endemic.
Take with you: mosquito repellent, sun screen & hat, swimming costume.
Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof.
The visa for Tanzania is best done at the airport upon arrival.
1600meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
DAY 1 (26.10)
ARRIVAL AT KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND TRANSFER TO OUR HOTEL IN ARUSHA.
DAY 2 (27.10 / 150 KM)
ARUSHA – LAKE BURUNGEE
DAY 3 (28.10 / 160 KM)
LAKE BURUNGEE – KARATU
DAY 4 (29.10 / 0 KM)
NGORONGORO SAFARI (4×4)
DAY 5 (30.10 / 150 KM)
KARATU – LAKE NATRON
DAY 6 (31.10 / 230 KM)
LAKE NATRON – MATADI
DAY 7 (1.11 / 135 KM)
MATADI – ARUSHA
DAY 8 (2.11)
THE ITINERARY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL REASONS, OR WEATHER CONDITIONS
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa (US$50 for EU citizens, US$100 for US citizens).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by standard MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury, illness, inability or unwillingness to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour due to the fault of the participant.
- Additional, recommended Global Rescue coverage.
- Motorcycle fuel: US$200 / rider to be paid at the start of the tour in cash.
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit: (US$400 payable at the start of the tour in cash).
- Lunches and dinners in Arusha and lunches on other days.
- Entrance tickets to optional tourist attractions: 4×4 safari to Mkomazi National Park and entry to the Rhino Sanctuary (US$150 / person), 4×4 safari to Ngorongoro National Park (US$230 / person).
US$400 refundable deposit, to be paid in cash on site. If damages to the motorbike exceed the deposit amount, the driver has to pay the difference.