Royal Enfield Himalayan. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
This adventure puts YOU right in the center of the action: This is the kind of ride where the experiences you’ll live will stay with you for a lifetime. An expedition designed by people who love this part of Africa, but also know a thing or two about motorcycles! An adventure ride combining off-road riding, wildlife, beaches, gorgeous and endlessly varied landscapes. We will take you on a unique loop through northern Tanzania. You will see the iconic Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru, the Lushotho Highlands, the Great Rift Valley and the picturesque Usambara mountain range. You also will feel the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, while relaxing on your very own paradisiac beach. The endless expanses of the Maasai steppes will give you a feel for the way of life of the local tribes. We will also take you on unforgettable safaris: In NgoroNgoro Crater, herds of wild animals that were the inspiration for the “The Lion King” movie creators, await us. In Mkomazi Park, the rhino sanctuary will give you the opportunity to get really close to a few of the last remaining wild black rhinoceros.
This expedition offers the perfect mix of unique motorcycle routes, varied attractions – you will visit Maasai villages and the Hadza tribe, a coffee plantation and plenty of natural wonders. Join us to live your very own “Out of Africa” experience, but on a motorbike!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
12 in stock
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Panorama of Kilimanjaro
- Beaches on the Indian Ocean
- Maasai, Hadza and Chagga tribes
- Ngorongoro National Park
- Rhino sanctuary and Mkomazi Park
- Lushoto Highlands
- Lake Natron area
- Maasai steppes
- Varied riding: single tracks, river crossings, even riding among wild animals
- Coffee Plantations
- The oasis of Moji Moto
Temperatures will range from a possible 16 degrees at night in the mountains, to 40C some days. Our ride will be between 1,850m above sea level to the ocean. Some rain is possible but unlikely.
We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days, take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike. On this tour, we recommend a backpack of max 16L with a 2L water bladder.
Yellow Fever vaccination is recommended. It is compulsory if you have traveled to areas where yellow fever is endemic.
Take with you: mosquito repellent, sun screen & hat, swimming costume.
Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof.
The visa for Tanzania is best done at the airport upon arrival.
1850meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
ARRIVAL AT KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND TRANSFER TO OUR HOTEL IN ARUSHA.
DAY 2 (170 KM)
ARUSHA – MOSHI
DAY 3 (160 KM)
MOSHI – SAME
DAY 4 (180 KM)
SAME – LUSHOTO HIGHLANDS
DAY 5 (250KM)
LUSHOTO HIGHLANDS – INDIAN OCEAN (PANGANI)
REST DAY BY THE INDIAN OCEAN
DAY 7 (360KM)
PANGANI – MASSAI STEPPE (ORKESUMET)
DAY 8 (200KM)
MAASAI STEPPE – BURUNGE LAKE
DAY 9 (170KM)
BURUNGE LAKE – KARATU
4X4 SAFARI IN NGORONGORO NATIONAL PARK
DAY 11 (260KM)
KARATU – ARUSHA
THE ITINERARY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL REASONS, OR WEATHER CONDITIONS
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Motorcycle fuel: US$220 / person.
- Lunches: US$210 for the entire tour, except in Arusha (to be paid directly at the hotel).
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa (US$50 for EU citizens, US$100 for US citizens).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Drinks other than water.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury, illness, inability or unwillingness to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions: Mkomazi National Park & Rhino Sanctuary (US$100) / 4×4 safari in Ngorongoro National Park (US$200).
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit: (US$400 payable on the spot)