Royal Enfield Himalayan. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
An unforgettable 10 day motorbike safari in Tanzania! This tour will take you from the Kilimanjaro to the world-famous Ngorongoro crater. Not only that, but we will also ride up the Lushoto mountains for an incredible sunset, After that a ride through the Massai steppes will take us to the Burunge lake. Expect plenty of natural wonders along the way: riding along wild animals, Lake Natron, the Masai steppes. Lake Burunge, the Rift valley volcanoes and of course the Ngorongoro crater. It’s all to be discovered in a 10-day motorbike safari!
This tour has some longer gravel sections, and also some single track sections. Some passages will be sandy another will be a few river crossings. Riders with some gravel experience will definitely enjoy the more dusty riding days!
If you want to get an in-depth discovery of this beautiful part of East Africa, look no further: this tour is for you!
Pack your gear to live your very own “Out of Africa” experience, but on a motorbike!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Panorama of Kilimanjaro
- Massai tribes
- Maji Moto Oasis
- Ngorongoro National Park
- Mkomazi Rhino sanctuary
- Lake Natron ecosystem
- Volcanoes of the Rift valley
- Lushoto Mountains
- Lake Burunge
- Lake Manyara
- Single tracks
- Adventurous tracks
- Hadza & Massai tribes discovery
- Rift valley landscapes
- Riding alongside wild animals
- Beautiful gravel roads
- Scenic paved roads
- Comfortable accommodation with swimming pools
Temperatures will range from a possible 20 degrees at night to 35C some days. Our ride will be around 1,600m. Some rain is possible but unlikely.
We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days, take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike. On this tour, we recommend a backpack of max 16L with a 2L water bladder.
Yellow Fever vaccination is recommended. It is compulsory if you have traveled to areas where yellow fever is endemic.
Take with you: mosquito repellent, sun screen & hat, swimming costume.
Hydration is important. We recommend a water bladder.
Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof.
The visa for Tanzania is best done at the airport upon arrival.
1900meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
ARRIVAL AT KILIMANJARO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND TRANSFER TO OUR HOTEL IN ARUSHA.
DAY 2 (140 KM)
ARUSHA – MOSHI
DAY 3 (160 KM)
MOSHI – SAME (OPTIONAL RHINO SANCTUARY VISIT)
DAY 4 (150 KM)
SAME – LUSHOTO
DAY 5 (230 KM)
LUSHOTO – ORKESUMET
DAY 6 (170 KM)
ORKESUMET – BURUNGE
DAY 7 (210 KM)
BURUNGE – KARATU
DAY 8 (0 KM)
OPTIONAL NGORONGORO 4X4 SAFARI
DAY 9 (200 KM)
KARATU – ARUSHA
THE ITINERARY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL REASONS, OR WEATHER CONDITIONS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
Majo Moto Oasis
Hadza tribe visit
Massai tribe cultural event
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa (US$50 for EU citizens, US$100 for US citizens).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by standard MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury, illness, inability or unwillingness to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour due to the fault of the participant.
- Additional, recommended Global Rescue coverage.
- Motorcycle fuel: US$250 / rider to be paid at the start of the tour in cash.
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit: (US$400 payable at the start of the tour in cash).
- Lunches and dinners in Arusha and lunches on other days.
- Drinks other than water.
- Entrance tickets to optional tourist attractions: 4×4 safari to Mkomazi National Park and entry to the Rhino Sanctuary (US$100 / person), 4×4 safari to Ngorongoro National Park (US$200 / person).