NUMBER OF DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
LEVEL OF DIFICULTY:
MOTORCYCLE:Honda CRF 250 or KTM 250 or KTM 350. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
ABOUT THE TRIP:This adventure puts YOU right in the center of the action: This is the kind of ride where the experiences you’ll live will stay with you for a lifetime. An expedition designed by people who love this part of Africa, but also know a thing or two about motorcycles! An adventure ride combining off-road riding, wildlife, beaches, gorgeous and endlessly varied landscapes. We will take you on a unique loop through northern Tanzania. You will see the iconic Kilimanjaro, the Lusotho Highlands, the Great Rift Valley and the picturesque Usambara mountain range. You also will feel the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, while relaxing on a paradisiac beach. The endless expanses of the Maasai steppes will give you a feel for the way of life of the local tribes. . We will also take you on unforgettable safaris: In NgoroNgoro Crater, herds of wild animals that were the inspiration for the "The Lion King" movie creators, await us. In Mkomazi Park, the rhino sanctuary will give you the opportunity to get really close to a few of the last remaining wild black rhinoceros. Tarangire Park is famous for elephants, tree-climbing lions, and giraffe! This expedition offers the perfect mix of unique motorcycle routes, varied attractions - you will visit Maasai villages and the Hadza tribe, a coffee plantation and plenty of natural wonders. Join us to live your very own "Out of Africa”experience, but on a motorbike!
COVID-19 FLEXIBLE BOOKING AND GUARANTEED REFUND
Book your next Tour or Transport with confidence!
- Panorama of Kilimanjaro
- Beaches on the Indian Ocean
- Maasai, Hadza and Chagga tribes
- Tarangire National Park
- Ngorongoro National Park
- Rhino sanctuary in Mkomazi Park
- Lushoto Highlands
- Maasai steppes
- Coffee Plantations
- The oasis of Maji Moto
ABOUT THE TRIP:
Most of the route goes on dirt. There will also be single tracks and sandy sections. You should expect a few longer days of riding, which require some level of skills and endurance on the motorcycle.
It is not a race, and we care about safety. We will be going at our own pace and make sure all participants reach the destination safely. In the more technical sections team-work is guaranteed! There are a couple of longer riding days, for which some endurance is needed. It is not a ride suitable for a pillion.
Temperatures will range from a possible 16 degrees at night to 40 during the day. Our ride will be between 1,850m above sea level to the ocean. Some rain is possible but unlikely.
Take with you: mosquito repellent, sun screen & hat, swimming costume. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof.
Yellow Fever vaccination is recommended. It is compulsory if you have traveled to areas where yellow fever is endemic.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride.
Arrival at Kilimanjaro airport. Transfer to hotel at Arusha. Discover our motorcycles. Formalities.
Arusha – Marangu
Marangu – Same
Same – Lushoto
LUSHOTO – INDIAN OCEAN COAST, PANGANI AREA
DAY OFF ON THE INDIAN OCEAN, PANGANI AREA
PANGANI – MASSAY’S STEP, ORKESUMET
MASSAY’S STEP, ORKESUMET – BURUNGE
Visiting Park Tarangire
Burunge – Karatu
Karatu – Arusha
Flight to Europe
THE ITINERARY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO POLITICAL OR SOCIAL REASONS OR WEATHER CONDITIONS.
Motorcycles available on site – Honda CRF 250 or KTM 250 or KTM 350. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
Anyone who has chosen the option to participate in the trip in a 4×4 car will be entitled to a seat in the Toyota Land Cruiser Safari. The car will be driven by a local driver.
Assistance of a MotoBirds guide on a motorbike, in addition to a local guide. All support staff will be equipped with 2-way radios
FOOD AND ACCOMODATION
Accommodation in double rooms, in 3 to 4 star hotels, safari lodges and luxury camping. The whole trip is half-board: breakfasts and the evening dinners are included in all hotels. Single room is possible upon request and a fee of EUR60/night.
TRANSPORT TO/FROM HOTEL
Group airport transfers are included in the tour price, provided your arrival date is on the tour program dates. Individual transfer can be organised on different dates, but is not included in the tour price.
Basic travel insurance. Upon request and with additional fee, we can offer additional insurance, covering for example the costs related to non – showing up on the trip due to Covid -19. Tourist Guarantee Fund fee. When rental motorbikes are used, they have third-party liability insurance.
A visit to a Masai village.
A visit to the Hadza tribe.
Chagga coffee plantation.
A visit to the Maji Moto oasis.
MOTOBIRDS STARTER PACK
Each participant will receive a starter pack from MotoBirds, which includes: MotoBirds tour stickers, a detailed trip program, a list of hotels, a tour souvenir T-shirt.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDES:
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size)
- Lunches (cost 210 USD – the organizer will collect this amount from participants on the first day, lunches will be organized in the form of “lunch boxes” from hotels or local restaurants on the way where possible)
- Fuel for the motorcycle (cost 220 USD per motorcycle – the organizer will collect this amount from participants on the first day)
- Motorcycle refundable deposit (500 USD – the organizer will collect this amount from participants on the first day)
- Safari admission tickets to Ngorongoro National Park (cost 200 USD per person – the organizer will collect this amount from participants on the first day)
- Safari admission tickets to Tarangire National Park (cost 100 USD per person – the organizer will collect this amount from participants on the first day)
- Safari entry tickets to the rhino sanctuary in Mkomazi National Park (cost 100 USD per person – the organizer will collect this amount from participants on the first day)
- Tourist visa to Tanzania (50 USD per person, US citizens – 100 USD per person – payable at the airport in cash or when ordering a visa online)
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations if required. Vaccination for yellow fever and tetanus is recommended.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance
- Optional attractions not listed in the “Price Includes” section
- Drinks other than water
4×4 VEHICLE PASSENGER 2400 EUR
Book a place on this tour by paying reservation fee - 500 EUR or pay the full amount. After selecting the "BOOK" option, you can choose whether you pay only the reservation fee or the entire amount, on the "CART" page you can choose the transaction currency - EUR, PLN or USD.
BOOK THIS TOUR
SIGN IN TO THE INTERESTED LIST OF THIS TOUR
Not sure yet? Subscribe to the interested list and receive notifications about this trip.