150 – 250 cc bikes Honda or Kawasaki.
Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
We hope that our tour will bring you closer to the real Vietnam, which charmed us so much. The tour is made special by lush vegetation, impressive landscapes and amazing natural surroundings. Vietnam is an extremely diverse country which we want you to experience.
We will start the tour in the ancient town of Hoi An, a superb World Heritage town. Our next stop will be Hue, famous for the Vietnamese emperors’ tombs. On our way North, we will pass a lot of colorful minority villages. We will visit another World Heritage site, the famous Phong caves – the Doong, the Phong Nha Dark Cave and the Paradise Cave! In the middle part of our tour we will visit more historical spots. The Vinh Moc Tunnel complex will take you back to the Vietnam war era and gives a good perspective of why this war could not have been won by the USA. We will ride over a good portion of the historic Ho Chi Minh trail, snaking along the Laos border. We will also ride through the fertile Mai Chau valley and see the world-famous rice terraces, which are like living sculptures on the flanks of mountains. We will have a good chance to take in the bustling atmosphere of Hanoi. At the end of the tour we offer you a well deserved rest with a 5* luxury cruise in the Ha Long Bay, probably the most famous place in all of Vietnam.
Traveling through different regions of the country we will also have a chance to try different types of Vietnamese cuisine – no comparison with the fast-food joints back home!
Join us for this Vietnam tour – you are sure to regret not having come before!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Beautiful landscapes
- Off the beaten track tour
- Part of Ho Chi Minh trail
- Optional cruise on luxury 5* boat on HaLong Bay
- Hoi An – UNESCO site
- Mai Chau
- Ke Bang caves (the Doong, the Phong Nha Dark Cave and the Paradise Cave)
- Terrace Rice fields
- Demarcation Zone DMZ
- Vinh Moc Tunnel
- Local Vietnamese cuisine
The weather at this time of year is generally good and sunny – it is the period with the least amount of rainfall during the whole year. It can be very hot, especially in the central part of the country. Be also prepared for a few rainfalls. Vietnam has three distinct climatic areas.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
Each participant must organize an entry visa for Vietnam, if required. We will provide you with necessary guidelines.
You have to take an international driving license with you.
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
Arrival to Da Nang. Transfer to Hoi An.
Hoi An sightseeing
DAY 3 (150 km)
Hoi An – Hue
DAY 4 (160 km)
Hue – Dong Hoi – Phong Nha
Phong Nha – Ke Bang. Caves sightseeing.
DAY 6 (290 km)
Phong Nha – Thai Hoa Riverside
DAY 7 (210 km)
Thai Hoa Riverside – Mai Chau
DAY 8 (133 km)
Mai Chau – Ninh Binh
DAY 9 (94 km)
Ninh Binh – Hanoi
Transfer to Ha Long bay. Check in on the luxury boat
Boat trip on Ha Long Bay
Transfer to Hanoi airport. Fly out
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Airplane tickets to Da Nang and from Hanoi (please don’t buy the plane tickets until the minimum number of participants joining the tour is confirmed).
- Meals other than breakfasts.
- Motorcycle fuel.
- The costs resulting from damage to the motorcycle caused by the driver.
- Entrance tickets to other tourist attractions along the route than specified in the “Price includes” section.
- Optional 2 nights, 3 days Ha Long Bay cruise on the 5* ship and transfer from Hanoi to Ha Long Bay and from Ha Long Bay to the Hanoi Airport (450 EUR / person).
- Visa “invitation letter” (promise)and visa payable at the airport upon arrival (25 USD).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Drinks other than water.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit of 300 USD, payable in cash on the first day after arrival.