250 – 300 cc bikes Honda or Kawasaki. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
Northwestern Vietnam is absolutely remarkable because of its rugged mountain ranges, green valleys and famous rice terraces, that together provide a unique backdrop to our tour. The mountains can reach up to 3000 m above sea level, and the valleys are extremely steep and deep. The rich cultural diversity and many ethnic minorities living in the area enables visitors to experience a totally different Vietnam.
Vietnamese are welcoming and friendly, and the country is extremely safe. We will spend part of our journey on single tracks, going in and out of valleys, following rice terraces and rivers. It will be steep and narrow at times, but an absolute thrill! Prior off-road experience and good bike control will help riders make the most of this tour.
After the tour, there is the possibility to enjoy a well deserved break: one of the most iconic cruises of Asia aboard a 5 star boat on the famous HaLong Bay. Even for those more into motorcycling than cruising, it is an unforgettable experience and a terrific way to cap off the North Vietnam off-road tour.
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
12 in stock
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Nature and landscape
- Rice terraces
- Cultural minorities & mountain villages
- Off the beaten track roads and single tracks
- Traditional boat / ferry crossing
- Hoan Lien Son mountain range
- O Ouy Ho Pass
- Mai Chau
- Ha Giang
- Pho Bang
- Ba Be Lake
- local vietnamese cuisine
- HaLong bay luxury 5 star cruise (optional)
The weather at this time of year is generally good and sunny – it is the period with the least amount of rainfall during the whole year. It is still not very hot and the temperatures in the mountains. However, be also prepared for the rain. North Vietnam weather can be capricious because of the mountains.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” type boots or off-road boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
Each participant must organize an entry visa for Vietnam, if required. We will provide you with necessary guidelines.
You have to take an international driving license with you.
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
Arrival to Hanoi.
DAY 2 (170km)
Hanoi – Mai Chau
DAY 3 (250km)
Mai Chau – Son La
DAY 4 (160km)
Son La – Than Uyen
DAY 5 (130km)
Than Uyen – Sapa
DAY 6 (160km)
Sapa – Bac Ha – Xi Man
DAY 7 (150km)
Xi Man – Ha Giang
DAY 8 (150km)
Ha Giang – Dong Van
DAY 9 (120km)
Dong Van – Meo vac – Bao Lac
DAY 10 (120km)
Bao Lac – Ba Be
DAY 11 (220km)
Ba Be – Hanoi
The itinerary may be subject to change due to political or social reasons or weather conditions.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Airplane tickets to and from Hanoi (please don’t buy the plane tickets until the minimum number of participants joining the trip is confirmed).
- Meals other than breakfasts.
- Motorcycle fuel.
- The costs resulting from damage to the motorcycle caused by the driver.
- Entrance tickets to other tourist attractions along the route than specified in the “Price includes” section.
- Optional 2 nights, 3 days HaLong Bay cruise on the 5* ship and limousine transfer from Hanoi to HaLong Bay, and from HaLong Bay to the Hanoi Airport (450 EUR / person, in twin or double room).
- Visa promise and visa payable at the airport upon arrival (25 USD).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Drinks other than water.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit of 300 USD, payable in cash on the first day after arrival.