SUZUKI DRZ400E with electric starter
- 4×4 CAR with tyres suitable for the trip
This adventure puts YOU right in the center of the action: This is the kind of ride where the experiences you’ll live on this tour will stay with you for a lifetime.
An expedition designed by people who love this part of Africa, but also know a thing or two about motorcycles!
An adventure ride combining off-road riding, wildlife, beaches, the highest sand dunes in the world, the world’s oldest desert, safaris, relaxation on the beach too.
We will take you on a unique loop through Namibia. You will see the world famous, Sossuvlei, the Atlantic Ocean coast and ancient rock carvings.
You will also get a feel for the way of life of some of the most ancient tribes of Africa (Himba and Damara), but also touch some of the colonial history with a visit to the beautiful town of Swakopmund. You will admire the rock engravings in Twyfelfontein.
An unforgettable safari at unique private wildlife game reserve, famous for its wildlife diversity is also on our program! You will see giraffes, elephants, various types of antelopes, zebras, ostriches, hippos and even rhinos!
This expedition offers a great mix of riding: long 4×4 desert tracks, single tracks, dune riding, varied attractions, culture and absolutely unique natural wonders. We’ll also climb the steepest pass of Namibia, with gradients of 14%: Spreetshoogte pass
We’ll stay close to nature with a number of comfortable camping nights in the desert.
This tour is not a “plain vanilla” ride taking you from Cape Town to Windhoek, Rather, it is a true expedition that will take you far beyond the beaten tracks to see the highlights of Namibia, off-road!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Sesriem Canyon
- Dune 45
- Big Daddy sand dune
- Bushmen rock engravings
- Spreetshoogte Pass (1,820m), 14% grade
- Khomas Hochland
- Namib desert
- Single track riding
Temperatures will range from a possible 10 degrees at night to above 30C some days. Our ride will be between 1,800m above sea level to the ocean. Some short rain is possible but unlikely.
We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell motocross type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. The limit for your luggage which will be transported by the support car is 1 piece, 15 kg. Every piece of extra luggage will cost 150 EUR and is subject to availability of the place in the car. Try not to take more than one 15 kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof.
For riding days, take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike. On this tour, we recommend a backpack of max 16L with a 2L water bladder.
Please bring: sleeping bag, inflatable pillow and camping towel.
Bring adventure-type boots or motocross boots. Some off-road riding experience required.
1800meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
Arrival in Windhoek.
Windhoek – Omaruru (260 km/ 30 % asphalt & 70 % gravel)
Omaruru – Hobatere (250 km/ 10 % asphalt & 90 % gravel)
Hobatere – Khowarib (110 km / 100 % off road)
Khowarib – Twyfelfontein (200 KM / 5 % asphalt / 95 % gravel)
Twyfelfontein – Brandberg Mountain (100 km / 30 % gravel / 70 % off road)
Branberg Mountain – Spitzkope Mountain (150 km / 30 % gravel / 70 % off road)
Spitzkope Mountain – Swakopmund (120 km / 100 % off road)
Swakopmund – Walvis Bay – Pelican Point – Swakopmund (130 km / 20 % asphalt / 20 % gravel / 60 % off road)
Swakopsmund – Sossusvlei (330 km / 100% gravel)
Sossusvlei – Windhoek (330 km / 100% gravel)
THE ITINERARY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL REASONS, OR WEATHER CONDITIONS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist visa costs, if needed (Polish citizens are required to have a visa which is arranged on arrival at the airport – 1000 NAD, for some EU countries, UK and Switzerland visa is not required).
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury, illness, inability or unwillingness to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of a broken motorbike to Swakopmund, if the motorbike cannot continue the trip.
- Fuel for bike / car
- Tube replacement in case of puncture or snakebite.
- Additional luggage: conditioned to space availability, EUR150/piece.
- All a la carte meals in any restaurant on the way.
- Optional 4×4 Game Drive in private reserve ( 600 NAD)
DEPOSIT FOR THE MOTORCYCLE:
- OPTION 1 – EUR500 refundable deposit, to be paid in cash or by credit card. If the damages to the motorbikes exceed the deposit amount, the driver had to pay the difference. Inner tube replacements are not covered by the EUR500.
- OPTION 2 – Non-refundable EUR350 insurance. The cost of potential damages is limited to EUR350. This insurance does not cover punctures or tires.