HIMALAYAS OFF ROAD EDITION 26.08-6.09 2023
Royal Enfield Himalayan. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
This is best described as a roller coaster motorbike ride: from the Buddhist monasteries of Ladakh, through the mysterious Zanskar Valley, rarely visited Spiti Valley and desertic high-altitude landscapes, we will head straight to visit Dharamshala, the asylum seat of Dalai Lama.
In the last years a lot of new roads have been built in the Himalayas and quite a few new passes have been made passable to vehicles. It opens for us, bikers, some areas which earlier could only be reached after days of trekking in the mountains. On this tour you can expect new tracks, passes and highlights never offered before on any organized tour. We will be reaching altitudes exceeding 4,000 meters multiple times, and riding over the highest passes in the world. The route covers all of the highlights of the ancient Buddhist kingdom of Ladakh, as well as the most beautiful spots in the Himachal Pradesh region.
Riding to the top of the world – with the mythical Royal Enfield will give you memories to last a lifetime!
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
12 in stock
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- New road connecting Zanskar Valley and Manali.
- Ride through Spiti Valley.
- Most famous Ladakh Buddhist Monasteries.
- Zanskar Valley.
- Parasar Lake.
- Chandrataal lake
- Riding over the passes at altitudes exceeding 4000 meters above seal level.
If you don’t like the weather in the Himalayas just wait for a few hours… The Himalayas are so high that they create microclimates in each valley, and the weather conditions may change very fast. It can be bright and sunny, and a few hours later it could get cloudy and cold. Our tour is taking place during the most favorable time of the year in terms of weather conditions. However, it is very difficult to predict the temperatures. You have to be prepared for all kinds of conditions: days with bright sun shining, sudden gusts of strong cold winds, cold nights.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
Each participant is required to arrange a tourist entry visa to India for himself.
We will be traveling at very high altitudes, be sure you have sunscreen and sunglasses.
During your trip, especially when crossing the highest mountain passes, you may feel symptoms of altitude sickness (AMS). Remember that you must drink a lot of water to minimize this risk. In case you feel sick, we will have an oxygen cylinder with us.
4,808 Sir Sir La Passmeters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
DAY 1 (0 km)
Arrival to Leh.
DAY 2 (115 km)
Leh – Lamayuru
DAY 3 (210 km)
Lamayuru – Padum
DAY 4 (183 km)
Padum – Jispa
DAY 5 (150 km)
Jispa – Losar / Chandrataal lake
DAY 6 (100 km)
Losar – Kaza
DAY 7 (100km)
Kaza – Tabo
DAY 8 (190 km)
Tabo – Sang La
DAY 9 (200km)
Sang La – Jibi
DAY 10 (100 km)
JIbi – Parasar lake
DAY 11 (200 km)
Parasar lake – Dharamshala
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Motorcycle fuel (150 EUR approximately).
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa, if required.
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Lunch and dinner in Leh.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions, i.e. buddhist monasteries.
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit: 500 USD, payable in cash in Leh at arrival.