Royal Enfield Himalayan. Motorcycle rental is included in the tour price.
NUMBER OF DAYS AND NIGHTS:
NUMBER OF RIDING DAYS:
TYPE OF ROADS:
MIN./ MAX. NUMBER OF BIKES:
Choose your options:
DETAILS OF THE TOUR
- Indus Valley.
- Most famous Ladakh Buddhist Monasteries.
- Kaksang La (5,436 m)
- Khardung La (5,359 m)
- Taglang La (5,328 m)
- Chang La (5,300 m)
- Hor La (4,966 m)
- Kanglajal La (4,908 m)
- Polokong La (4,800 m)
- Naki La (4,740 m)
- Pangong Tso (4,350 m)
- Kiagar lake (4,522m)
- Tso Moriri (4,595 m)
- Tso Kar (4,620 m)
- Yaya Tso (4,820 m)
- Mirpal Tso (4,950 m)
If you don’t like the weather in the Himalayas just wait a few hours… The Himalayas are so high that they create microclimates in each valley, and the weather conditions may change very fast. It can be bright and sunny, and a few hours later it could get cloudy and cold. Our tour is taking place during the most favorable time of the year in terms of weather conditions. However, it is very difficult to predict the temperatures. You have to be prepared for all kinds of conditions: days with bright sun shining, sudden gusts of strong cold winds, cold nights.
Wearing adequate riding gear is an individual responsibility. We strongly recommend “adventure” or hard-shell type boots for this ride. Bring your own gear.
We will be traveling light. Try not to take more than one 20kg luggage piece. It should be dust & water proof. For riding days take with you a small backpack or waterproof bag, with straps, to enable you to attach it to your motorbike.
Each participant is required to arrange a tourist entry visa to India for himself.
We will be traveling at very high altitudes, be sure you have sunscreen and sunglasses. The tour is rated 8/10 because of the altitude, not because of the riding difficulties.
During your trip, especially when crossing the highest mountain passes, you may feel symptoms of altitude sickness (AMS). Remember that you must drink a lot of water to minimize this risk. In case you feel sick, we will have an oxygen cylinder with us.
5436 m (Kaksang La)meters above seal level
DAY BY DAY TOUR PROGRAM
DAY 1 (5.08.2024 / 0 km)
Arrival to Leh.
DAY 2 (6.08.2024 / 80 km)
Ride in the Indus Valley. Monasteries and Leh sightseeing. Acclimatization.
DAY 3 (7.08.2024 / 150 km)
Leh – Lamayuru – Alchi
DAY 4 (8.08.2024 / 215 km)
Alchi – Tso Kar Lake
DAY 5 (9.08.2024 / 135 km)
Tso Kar Lake – Tso Moriri Lake – Nyoma
DAY 6 (10.08.2024 / 145 km)
Nyoma – Pangong Tso Lake
DAY 7 (11.08.2024 / 195 km)
Pangong Tso Lake – Nubra Valley
DAY 8 (12.08.2024 / 120 km)
Nubra Valley – Leh
DAY 9 (13.08.2024 / 0 km)
Leh – departure.
THE ROUTE MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO POLITICAL, SOCIAL OR WEATHER FACTORS.
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
TRANSPORT TO/FROM THE HOTEL
PICTURES & GPX TRACKS FROM THE TOUR
PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
- Motorcycle fuel.
- Airline tickets (tickets should not be bought until the organizer confirms the completion of the minimum group size).
- Tourist entry visa, if required.
- Covid tests and / or vaccinations, if required.
- Medical expenses not covered by MotoBirds insurance.
- Drinks other than water.
- Costs related to the transport of a participant to the nearest medical center, in case of injury or illness or inability to continue the tour.
- Costs related to the transport of the participant’s motorcycle to the finish point of the tour, in case the motorcycle or the participant cannot continue the tour.
- Lunches and dinners in Leh.
- Entry tickets to the optional tourist attractions, i.e. buddhist monasteries.
- Motorcycle refundable security deposit of 600 USD, payable in cash on the first day after arrival or non-refundable insurance bond of 180 USD, as per choice of the client.